Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Public transport

I have long been fascinated by the London Tube map. It attempts to make sense of the Underground, and handy to figure out how to get around in the city. I even bought a version of it from the Tate Modern, although it is still in the poster tube I carried home from London, back in January 2004.

The train network here in Perth has been represented in a similar style. The ferries have been added in as well as the bus that goes to the airport to try and make our system look more impressive. It just seems to emphasise how limited our trains are! So much scope for improvement.

I am looking forward to the day we get more train lines, and maybe light rail, and I could have a local map worthy of my wall!

PS I commute to work by bus. So I do use public tranpsort!!
Image here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!