Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A city without cars


This lecture next Wednesday 4th August organised by Engineers Australia considers the concept of making Perth’s CBD a pedestrian only zone!

Personally I think it would be a grand idea, I have often commented on the concept, and wished we had less cars in the city.

I really do not understand why so many of our previously one way streets have been made two way, it congests the traffic even further and is a lot less convenient for pedestrians who now have to wait for cars to cease in two directions!

I would prefer it if they restricted streets in Perth for cars rather than making them more accessible.

So many people already work in the city. There are many pedestrians around and it would be great to make it easier and safer to get around on foot. I commute usually by public transport, sometimes I get a lift and occasionally I will ride my bicycle.


Image here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!