Saturday, June 5, 2010

It is a truth universally acknowledged...


My love affair with the works of Jane Austen began in year 11 at high school. Pride and Prejudice was one of the texts in English Literature and I had soon borrowed her other five novels from the library to read.

I am still unsure as to my favourite story. I waver between P&P, Persuasion and Emma.

Last year I took the plunge and bought the Jane Austen box set of DVDs. This year I started to add to my collection of novels - until now I have only owned my copy of P&P from high school!

I woke up this morning with a desire to watch P&P again. It is such an entertaining adaptation of the novel and Colin Firth is of course a fantastic Mr Darcy. I also love Julia Sawalha's silly and flighty Lydia. What larks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!