Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas cards


It feels like Christmas has crept up on us this year. Do you send Christmas cards? For years I felt guilt for receiving cards from friends and not sending any in return. A couple of years ago I got myself organised, wrote a list of friends and their addresses and by the first week of December I had posted out forty cards or so.

The following year it was even easier as I already had my list!

This year however I feel very disorganised, at least as far as Christmas is concerned. We have only just (nearly!) finished writing thank you cards for our wedding, and suddenly Christmas is in three days time!

I have started. I have sent cards to our overseas famly and friends, and I will slowly go through my Christmas card list. Some may not receive theirs until after Christmas, but I figured that it is the thought that counts!

My list will be somewhat expanded as well, as I will endeavour to send a Christmas card to all of the family and friends who shared our wedding celebrations with us, in one way or another!

The cards that I buy every year are from the Oxfam Shop, so I am supporting my favourite charity as well as the ideal of Fair Trade. The cards are printed on recycled paper, using soy based inks and the process is chlorine free.

Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!