Monday, August 9, 2010

Perth City Link Road Show

I was intrigued to see a scale model of the Perth City Link on display at the bottom of the building I work in. Sinking the railway line and linking Perth and Northbridge has been talked about for as long as I can remember, and it was interesting to see what the latest concept is.

I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of open space in the model, but I guess it is conceptual at this stage. It would be great to be able to bring the two areas together in the first place and hopefully there will be some good open spaces.

For those who do not know the city, Perth and Northbridge are currently separated by a railway line, train station and bus station and there are limited points at which to cross. It is all rather grotty and uninspiring, and not the safest feeling to be walking through at certain times of the day. It would be great to have some options and make the trek into Northbridge for dim sum during work hours more direct and pleasant!

Futher information on current plans are here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!