Monday, August 16, 2010

Lazy Sunday

I had no hockey this weekend, no real commitments and suggested to Chad that we get out on the water for some fish and chips! Elissa has also never been on his boat and she joined us on our journey.

Elissa and I met Chad at the South Perth boat ramp. His boat currently lives at his parents’ house (around 25km from home) and we are looking forward to building our house and being able to have it live with us. So much more convenient!

We loaded up with an esky full of salad and drinks and set off down the river. It is such a gorgeous trip, and you see the houses along the river banks. We like to ogle the houses and try to figure out what suburb we are wandering past.

Perth from the water.

Leaving the city in our wake.

E commented that I have been posting too many unflattering photos of her, so here is a picture of me that she took!

Skipper hard at work!

To get out into the ocean you pass through Fremantle Harbour and the interesting cargo ships and vessels. I love the cranes and industrial feel. It never ceases to amuse me that the residents in the posh development of ?? complain that the port is noisy. Logic to me says that if you purchase a property next to a 24 hour port then you are likely to hear noise all times of the day. It doesn’t matter how much you pay for it, the noise will still be there.

Our maritime museum is rather different, don’t you think?

We tie up at Kailis and eat their fish and chips. They are happy for people to use their facility as long as you purchase from them and we are happy to oblige.

Yum. Fish and chips. I went the grilled variety and we brought our own salad.

Excusion over. Back to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!