Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Sleeping Beauty


Last night I went to the ballet with my sisters. Well, sister and soon to be sister-in-law. The performance was The Sleeping Beauty by the West Australian Ballet. I had high expections of the show, being a score by Tchaikovsky and a familiar story.

It was a lovely performance, although to me it seemed to wander around the actual story a bit - lots of padding - and the final act was a puzzle as the King & Queen were joined by characters from all different fairy tales! We played spot the fairy tale and I was hard pressed to try and recognise them all. There was Snow White and Seven Small Bearded Children, Puss-in-Boots and his wife(?), Red Riding Hood and the Wolf and Rapunzel and her rock-climbing prince amongst others.

It was great to see and hear something a bit different from the normal, and attending a classical music concert always prompts me to try to listen more often to my modest collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!