Monday, February 21, 2011

Rosemary teacups


This morning on my way to work I noticed a teacup planted with rosemary on the windowsill of the new building opposite King Street on the Terrace. I was thinking how surprised that I was that the retail space of building was still empty, and wondering what kinds of interesting shops could end up there. I noticed the little teacup and rosemary, and also noticed that it had a tag. Without the tag I would not have thought more of it, but I stopped to have a look.

I counted seven more cups on my path to work, all numbered and all with the sweet little note. It made me smile, and I noticed one or two others stop to see what the fuss was about.

I was not sure if I was meant to take a cup or leave them, so I left them there for everyone else to enjoy!

The cups were left by aMoment and it appears that 100 have been left around the city. The philosophy of aMoment seems to be to help us to remember to stop occasionally and take the time to reflect.

When I walked past again on my way home this afternoon, all of the cups had gone. I hope that they went to good homes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!