Sunday, May 30, 2010

Coming out...


No, it's not quite what you might think. I have spent most of my life trying to avoid aussie rules and taking an interest. With C, it is not an option. He loves his football, and indiscriminately. He will watch every single game on a weekend if he can.

C is an Eagles supporter at heart, and the second AFL game I ever went to was with him in 2007 to the last final that the Eagles played at Subiaco. He bought me an Eagles scarf at that game, and although I have been to a few games since then I have not been able to bring myself to wear it.

Early on I have had a soft spot for the Dockers, probably because they were getting flogged every week and my hockey team was also getting flogged. Kind of a sympathetic thing, I could relate to their plight.

When people ask me who I barrack for I say I do not support anyone but that it would not be the Eagles in a Western Derby.

My indifference has shifted so far that we are actually heading over to Melbourne later in the year to watch a Dockers' game! The things you do when you are in love. I decided to buy myself a scarf to add to my wardrobe. Melbourne will be cold, and I will need something to help keep me warm!

At any rate I think it is great that the Dockers are doing so well, after years of being written off and underperforming. Hopefully we will be in for a treat on our Melbourne trip to make the flights seem all the more worthwhile!

Images here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!