Sunday, June 27, 2010

Winthrop Hall

The University of Western Australia has some lovely buildings. Most recognisable is Winthrop Hall, the venue for the Perth Upmarket today. Wouldn't you know it, I took photos of the insides and the back and the Reflection Pond but not the front, iconic view!

As a student, the only time we ever used Winthrop Hall (and the Undercroft) was at exam time! I passed all of my exams so the memories are not too bad. I can recall however sliding off one of the marbled steps onto my backside after an exam that was preceded by an all night study cram session. Ahh, those were the days!





PS UWA also has some unlovely buildings, including the Engineering building that I always thought looked like a giant block of toilets. Who said engineers were soulless?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a cuppa with me!